Terms of Service
The mission of ctact.me is to provide virtual business cards on web and mobile for private and business users to enable an easier way of sharing their contact information. We reserve the right to modify this Terms of Service at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to these terms, we will notify you here or via email so that you may access and review the changes to this document in advance of your continued use of the Service. If you object to any changes, you may close your Account. By continuing to use the ctact.me Service after notice of changes has been sent to you or published on the ctact.me website, you are consenting to the changes. By using the ctact.me Website or ctact.me iPhone Application you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (”Terms of Service“).
2 Basic Terms
You are responsible for your use of the Service, for any Content you post to the Services, and for any consequences thereof. The Content you submit, post or display will be able to be viewed by all other users that have your identifier (token), URL or QR-Code. The Token is the six letters long phrase (consisting of numbers, upper and lower letters). Furthermore your Information can be shown on third party services and websites. You should only provide Content that you are comfortable sharing with others under these Terms.
You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Services and for any activities or actions under your password. We encourage you to use "strong" passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols) with your Account. ctact.me cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements.
5 Token, URL and QR-Code
Your Profile and contact information can only be visible to others when providing your identifier (token), your URL or your QR-Code. Everyone who has that information can access your data. By sharing your identification (token), URL or QR-Code you agree that this information can be handed on and therefore accessible by third parties. ctact.me cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from sharing your information with others.
6 Content and Contact Information
Any Content or information put online, is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such Content. We may not monitor or control the Content put online and we cannot take responsibility for such Content. You agree that any Content, Information or Materials put online are obtained by you and is at your own risk. We do not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy or reliability of any Information or Content on our ctact.me website and ctact.me iPhone Application. You understand by using the Services you may be exposed to Content that might be offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate. Under no circumstances will ctact.me be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Services or broadcast elsewhere.
7 Your Rights
By submitting, posting or displaying Content on or through the Services, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute such Content in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed). You agree that this license includes the right for ctact.me to make such Content available to other companies, organizations or individuals who partner with ctact.me, may be made with no compensation paid to you with respect to the Content that you submit, post, transmit or otherwise make available through the Services. We may modify or adapt your Content in order to transmit, display or distribute it over computer networks and in a various media and/or make changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to any requirements or limitations of any networks, devices, services or media. You are responsible for your use of the Services, for any Content you provide and for any consequences thereof, including the use of your Content by other users and our third party partners. You understand that your Content may be rebroadcasted by our partners and if you do not have the right to submit Content for such use, it may subject you to liability. ctact.me will not be responsible or liable for any use of your Content by ctact.me in accordance with these Terms. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the rights granted herein to any Content that you submit.
We reserve the right at all times (but will not have an obligation) to remove or refuse to distribute any Content on the Services and to terminate users or reclaim usernames. We also reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as we reasonably believe is necessary to:
- • satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request,
- • enforce the Terms, including investigation of potential violations hereof,
- • detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues,
- • respond to user support requests, or
- • protect the rights, property or safety of ctact.me, its users and the public.
9 Copyright Policy
ctact.me respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects users of ctact.me to do the same. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law and are properly provided to us. If you believe that your Content has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information:
- • a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf;
- • identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- • identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- • your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and an email address;
- • a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- • a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
The Services may contain links to third-party websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable for:
- • the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources; or
- • the Content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources.
11 Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, CTACT.ME AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFITS, DATA, USE, GOOD-WILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM
- • YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES;
- • ANY CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES;
- • ANY CONTENT OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICES; AND
- • UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT CTACT.ME HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so the limitations above may not apply to you. The failure of ctact.me to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be deemed a waiver of such right or provision. In the event that any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.